Monday, July 28, 2014

Mad Max is Bax

I wish to share with you what I can assume most of you already know.

A series of films most dear to my heart (yes, even the Tina Turner one) is getting another sequel.

Another sequel?

30 YEARS AFTER THE THIRD MOVIE!?!?!

I know what you're thinking....

"There is no way that could be good."

Foolish mortal!  Allow me to present the following as evidence to the contrary:

TRAILER

Click that thang!

Tom Hardy

Normally... that would be enough to merit at least curiosity.

... but there was that whole This Means War thing.

Here's the deal, though: "Mastermind George Miller" as he is credited in above-linked trailer is back at the helm.  The creator of the series has returned to present his new vision of the post-apocalyptic demolition derby.  That doesn't happen very often... especially in Hollywood.  It might be good.  It could be great.  It could, admittedly, be a tired re-working of the previous installments' best moves.

Fingers crossed for that middle option!

I would also like to alert you to this little morsel:


This is the first time the entire trilogy has been released in the same package.  Apparently it comes complete with zero supplementary material... we might have to wait for the release of the new film to get at Mr. Miller's extra bits of film.  Regardless, I will be picking this up when I review the series before the release of Fury Road next year if I must (first world problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment